Monday, March 09, 2009

arg, silly people

So Gmail has this problem, apparently it does not make it clear when people choose a username if that user name has already been taken.

This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time this happened, the guy happened to send a test email to the gmail and to his personal account, so I just emailed him and told him. It's happened again with someone else who also sent the address out to a bunch of people, so now I'm getting their emails (which I don't want to reply to in case they are spammers), and I get to deal with about 10 password reset requests a day for the past few days. Hopefully who ever thinks they have my email address figures out soon that they don't and leaves me alone.

Updated 3/10/09: hurray, whoever it is has stopped trying to change my password.

No comments: