Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Chocolate cheese cake flan

My husband took me to cafe rio a few weeks ago and introduced me to the deliciousness that is chocolate cheesecake flan. It is wonderful, a chocolate cheesecake that is a little lighter than regular cheesecake topped with strawberries and whipped cream. I wanted more, but it's a little pricey, so I decided to make my own. Here's the link (http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chocolate-Cheesecake-Flan/Detail.aspx) to the recipe I used. The recipe wasn't that hard other than the caramel. Also, the flan really does taste best with redi-whip on top.

Note: I couldn't get the caramel to come out right. It came out way too hard and lumpy. Next time I might leave it out. If anyone has suggestions on making caramel, I'd appreciate it.

1 comment:

mom said...

If your carmel came out too hard, you probably cooked it too long. The lumps happen if you don't stir it continuously. Depending on how much carmel you are making, a candy thermometer would help. If it is only a little, it would be the old cold water and spoon test.