Here's some things I learned:
- You want your cloth strips to be all about the same width. If they aren't you have to go through loops extra times or skip loops to make it even out. This can look a little odd.
- ripping the cloth is easier than cutting it. I ripped the sheet.
- If you want to cut the cloth, use a rotary cutter. I cut some of the strips with scissors and the edges were jagged and tended to snag.
- about half a queen sized sheet and one adult sized large t-shirt make a rug a little smaller than a door mat.
- the t shirt material likes to roll around itself and make a rope, very convenient.