Friday, March 04, 2005

Pasta with hearty lentil and spinach sauce

I checked out "The Vegetarian Family Cookbook" from the library before I bought it. We've tried a few recipes. The two best are the yogurt biscuits (using yogurt instead of shortening) and the pasta with hearty lentil and spinach sauce. I was the only one who would eat the cream of baby carrot soup. The other things we tried were spoon bread, a curry soup, and chocolate oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. They were ok, but not worth making again.

The pasta recipe is really good, although I did cheat and use spaghetti sauce flavored with meat. It is a lot like a warm pasta salad. I used shell noodles for the pasta and the lentils got inside them, making them look like oysters with pearls in them. I got a kick out of that.

No comments: