Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Review - Provident Pantry Blueberry Pancake Mix

Name: Blueberry Pancake Mix
What: Pancake mix, just add water and cook. Add eggs and you can use it for waffles.
How much: it cost $5.79 for a #10 can and should make 54 five inch pancakes.
Rating: 4 stars (out of five)
Verdict: I'm buying more for my food storage.

I usually don't like pancakes from a mix, so I was pleasantly surprised by these ones. The "blueberries" gave it a nice taste. Without syrup, regular pancakes can be a little dry. I could probably eat these "blueberry' ones just as they are (which I think is an important consideration).

For me, 2 cups of the mix yielded around 11 pancakes.

I haven't done a comparison to see how much it would be to buy a comparable "instant" pancake mix from the grocery store. I'll look next time I'm there.

No comments: