Thursday, September 08, 2005

Smothered burritos

I made the best dinner yesterday. It took awhile, but boy was it worth it.
I made smothered burritos. To make them you need:

2 c black beans cooked (I started from dry beans, but canned would be a lot less trouble)
tomatillo sauce (this sauce is a little hot, you might want to put in 1 jalapenjo instead of 2)
lime rice
cooked shredded chicken (I just threw a few chicken strips on the George foreman grill)
6 tortillas

Make burritos by putting in a scoop of beans, rice, chicken and tomatillo sauce. Fold up burrito and place in a pan, fold side down. After filling burritos, spoon more tomatillo sauce over them and sprinkle cheese on top. Place in oven at 400 until cheese melts and burritos are warmed through (5-10 minutes).

I still had plenty of leftovers for the next day.

No comments: