Friday, May 06, 2005

Review: National Treasure

My husband and I watched National Treasure last night. I liked it. I wouldn't buy it, but if someone I knew hadn't seen it, I wouldn't mind watching it with them. I also suspect many junior high history classes will be watching this movie when their teacher is sick.

The basic plot is there is a treasure map on the back of the Declaration of Independence and the hero has follow a bunch of clues from the founding fathers to find the treasure and avoid being killed by the bad guy.

The thing I liked about it was it was suspenseful , lots of action, very little swearing (maybe twice) and no scenes where I had to cover my eyes (or my husband's). It's a cute movie, probably not what the directors were going for, but I thought it was cute if although a little unrealistic. How many times can the hero be shot at and not get hit? The answer is "a lot".

My husband thought it was a little preachy and I agree, but I would rather have a movie that is preachy for something I agree with and I agree with almost everything. I wouldn't show it to my toddler, way too intense (and a PG rating), but an older 'tween would probably like it.

No comments: