I've come to the conclusion that babies and toddlers do not obey the laws of physics. How can a 20 month old that was right next to you two seconds ago suddenly be half way across wal-mart? The answer is not one parents want to hear. The answer is wave functions and quantum tunneling.
See, scientists will tell you that little things like electrons don't have a specific place where they are. They have a probability field. Once someone actually looks to see where an electron is, the probability field collapses, and it picks a spot. Electrons also have another weird quirk. They can be either a particle or a wave depending on what a scientist is looking for. Little things also have an ability to jump across a place where they are to somewhere else without going through the space in between.
I've decided that small children and babies are too young to collapse their own wave function. An adult observer is required. Thus, small children can disappear as soon as no one is watching and turn into a wave of pure energy. Once an adult starts looking, they pick a location and often end up an impossible distance away, like across a store or on top of a refrigerator.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
While perusing the Stampin' Up catalog, I saw some great stamp sets. Here are some of the cards I plan to make after I have my party and get my sets. (This is mostly to help me decide which sets I actually want based on how many ideas I can come up with)
Just Buzzin' By
Just Buzzin' By
- Happy B day - with candles on top of the hive
- It's a shower for our babee - with the flower being used as a shower head over one of the bees
- a child's birthday card where the hive opens to the bees having a party
- probably the bees mixed in with my gardening set (whose name escapes me right now)
- a never ending card with the hive opening
- This set would go great with "Just B" set, but I probably won't buy that set since there's other stuff I want
- bathroom hanging for my basement bathroom that for some inexplicable reason is done in frogs
- these little girls would be cute on any card, I love water coloring