- End of July is way too late to plant corn in Utah
- Indian corn grows two ears per plant
- I got about 1/4 corn flour per plant (probably would have gotten more if the ears were mature)
- Don't dry corn ears on the stalks if you've picked the stalks.
- Corn ears take forever to dry (about 2-3 weeks).
- Corn dries faster if it isn't on the cob.
- Grinding corn that isn't all the way dry is an exercise in futility.
- Grinding corn that is dry is easy, much easier than grinding wheat.
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Lessons Learned from Indian Corn
I tried growing some Indian Corn that my dad gave me this year. Here are some things I've learned: