Monday, June 26, 2006

Early Morning Ant-ics

This morning, as I was getting dressed, I felt strongly I should wear my sandals. I did, and it was a good thing.

After a hectic morning of getting my children ready for the day, I was delighted to send them outside in the backyard to play and pick raspberries while I finished my breakfast. I was just finishing my bowl of cereal when I heard my daughter yelling. Since it was early in the morning and I didn't want to wake the neighbors, I went running out. I saw my son near her as if he had been hitting her, so I thought they were fighting. When I got closer, she started complaining about ouchies. I looked at her more closely and saw she was covered in angry ants. I tried to brush them off, but soon gave up and took her clothes off and shook them out. Her socks were especially full of ants. (I eventually had to change her clothes completely.)

I went back inside and came out with a can of ant spray and had my daughter show me where she had been. I looked, but didn't see any ants. So I decided to pick some raspberries for my children. I started picking a few, then looked down and found my feet covered in biting ants. Fortunately, since I was in sandals, I could just take them off and easily brush them off my feet. Since I had found the ant hill, I went ahead and sprayed it.

But I'm glad God is willing to look after us by helping us with the small things.

No comments: