Monday, September 04, 2006

Why I love Linux/ Fedora Core 5

(For the other half of the story see why I hate Linux.)
Here's what I love about Linux:
  1. My kids can't do any serious damage to my computer since they don't have the right permissions
  2. Somewhere on google is the answer to my question.
  3. All the software I'm using is free.
  4. Mythtv is so cool.
  5. Once I figured out what I was doing, I realized almost everything worked right "out of the box"
  6. PPracer / Tuxracer - help Tux the penguin race down a snowy slope, what could be better than that?
  7. Don't have to reboot after installing new software
  8. Yumex (graphical interface for yum, very nice since it lists all the packages you have or might ever want.
  9. The Gimp actually works. (I used it a lot under windows and it just never was completely stable.)
  10. man
  11. The thought that now I can get a "Chicks dig Linux" t-shirt from thinkgeek.com

No comments: