Friday, January 12, 2007

Reining in

I bought my husband a leash this week or rather a cell phone, he calls it a leash. I've had a cell phone for a while now and it's been great to be able to call when ever I want. He's never wanted one and has actively resisted getting him one. I was planning on getting my husband a prepaid phone in a month or two when it was close to the time for the baby to be born. His work doesn't have individual phones since all the developers have cell phones. I wanted to be able to reach him if I went into labor while he was at work. I am not driving myself to the hospital.

Tuesday night my husband went out to take pictures at night and his car broke down. Fortunately, he I had given him the cell phone before he left, so he was able to call for help. That made me speed up my phone purchasing schedule.

I bought him a Virgin Mobile Oystr. I don't think we'll use that phone much, so the higher per minute rates won't affect us as much. Virgin Mobil uses the Sprint network (the same as my "real" cell phone) so we knew it would work everywhere we needed it to. The phone looks like a storm trooper and has no decent ringtones, but I think it will do the job.

No comments: