Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Haven't croaked yet

I have finally decided what to put in my aquarium, African dwarf frogs. I have 2 small frogs. I've had them since Saturday. I got them from Wal-mart because they were inexpensive there and walmart has a 90 day warranty on their fish. I am feeding them freeze-dried bloodworms.

My daughter has named them Coqui and Coco. She got the name Coqui from a Dora the Explorer episode where Dora has to save a frog. I named the other one Coco because it's the co-coqui. (As a side note, I didn't know that a coqui was a real frog.) She was much more excited about a frog than a fish.

They are a little different from what I had expected. With fish, you see them swimming around a lot. With the frogs, they stay in one place, either floating on top of the water or sitting on the heater. They also blend in pretty well. I get to play the "where are the frogs" game every time I walk by the tank. Since I've read they are escape artists, I get a little worried sometimes when I can't find both of them. They also have the advantage that if they die I can make all kinds of bad jokes about them "croaking".

No comments: